Saturday 18 January 2014

COUSINS


love ma Cous.  She's FABULOUS, she's FUNNY, she's BRIGHT, she's BONKERS
We really do have SO much in common!
She's younger than me.  A fact that she likes to remind me about.  Yes.  A whole year and three days younger than me. We were born in the 1970s.  You can probably guess that from the photos. The 1970s.  The era of brown swirly carpets, brown swirly furniture, and brown swirly wall paper.  40 years ago! Yikes!  But we were oh so stylish!  We still are!
But it's true what they say.  Cousins are the first friends we have as children, and 'Grandma's House is where Cousins become first Best Friends.'  Nobody can understand your crazy family quite as well as your cousin.


Sharing Sweeties.  Sharing Secrets. Visits to the Park.  Bouncing on Grandma's Bed with 'Boris' the dog. Those happy memories I share with my Cousin.




 


 

6 comments:

  1. Good Morning Han, I love the photo of you and your cousin, you both look adorable. Oh yes, the 1970's were certainly the era for brown, it was the "IT" colour and we all thought it was fabulous..... I remember it well, as I decorated our home in browns, George wore, brown trousers, brown shirts, brown ties and brown shoes and so did I.... well minus the ties...and we thought we looked fabulous. Is that why all my 1970's photographs look like sepia photographs!
    Best Wishes to you,
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Happy Memories - even if they are BROWN! It seemed FABULOUS at the time. I am sure it will become 'retro' and all be in fashion again! Hx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely that you're such good friends with your cousin. I only have one and I couldn't tell you the last time I saw him, or even spoke to him. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not got a crazy sister so it's good to have a crazy cousin x

      Delete
  4. I've got ten cousins Hanya, and like Shona I can't remember the last time I saw eight of them. My loss :-(

    ReplyDelete