Friday 1 August 2014

100 HAPPY DAYS

Everyone gets grumpy now and then, everyone sulks.  Everyone gets irritable, ill-tempered and grouchy.  Everyone gets in a bad mood, gets snappy, unpleasant and cross.  Everyone experiences an unhappy mood. Everyone gets sad.  Feels lonely.  Feels miserable.  Feels gloomy.  I simply can't be the only one?  I know that I am not; I know that I am not the only one and I know that I am not alone.  I know that when I am in pain I don't want to communicate. I want to grab my cat and lock myself away. I find it difficult to sustain interaction when I am in pain. This isn't necessarily the best way to cope. I'm sorry.

So, I have just signed up for #100HappyDays. This is an initiative of the Random Acts of Kindness (#RAK) Foundation.  What a fantastic idea. Let's give this a go. Let's be HAPPY.  A number of my friends have signed up for this with me, so we can encourage each other and share the happy.



"We live in times when super-busy schedules have become something to boast about. While the speed of life increases, there is less and less time to enjoy the moment that you are in. The ability to appreciate the moment, the environment and yourself in it is the base for the bridge towards long-term happiness of any human being. we need to be reminded to take joy and take pleasure from the small things. And in doing so, we may discover that these things are not so small after all.  These are in fact the big things."












 
Apparently, "71% of people tried to complete this challenge, but failed quoting lack of time as the main reason". These people simply did not have time to be happy. Do you have time to be happy? Are you prepared to make time to be happy?




"The idea is simple.  The idea is to every day submit a picture of what made you happy!"

"It can be anything from a meet-up with a friend to a very tasty cake in the nearby coffee place, from a feeling of being at home after a hard day to a favor you did to a stranger."  Your favourite beer or favourite fabric softner on special offer at the SuperMarket.  A cuddle with the cat, or watching your favourite TV Show or a piece of music played on the radio and a photo that captures that moment. A snap-shot of a moment that captures; that truly captures the happy.






 
"It is important to remember that the #100happyday challenge is for you - not for anyone else. It is not a happiness competition or a showing off contest. If you try to please / make others jealous via your pictures - you lose without even starting. Same goes for cheating."  It is important to remember that happiness is not a competition.  Happiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being characterized by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy  This reminds me of the quote by Henry David Thoreau, (theAmerican author, poet, philosopher, historian, and leading various other things) which was on a card sent to me by a dear friend, “Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder...”


People successfully completing the challenge claimed to:
 - Start noticing what makes them happy every day;
 - Be in a better mood every day;
 - Start receiving more compliments from other people;
 - Realize how lucky they are to have the life they have;
 - Become more optimistic;
 - Fall in love during the challenge.


Even when the challenge is over the collected 100 happy moments can always remind you about the beauty of your life. I think that that is something worth finding the time to do.
Visitwww.100happydays.com/foundationfor more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment